Sabbatical or Lazy?


Neither! LOL! I'm just really enjoying the summer and finding it hard to keep myself in my craft cave (as Jen )  would call it. Do any of you feel the same way? It amazes me how many of you are on DT and have all of these deadlines. I wonder how you do it. I find it so hard to be creative if I'm not feeling it, you know?

Anywho, I have had alot going on in the past two weeks. If I sound a slight more mature, well that's because I turned 31 this week. Or as I tell everyone else, I am 30 and holding. LOL!

I am here to share a card I made for the latest Wee Memories Challenge #59, where anything goes and you are supposed to free your creativity. Simple enough, I say! I decided to use this as an opportunity to make a card for my pops! He is so wonderful. I am very blessed to have such a fabulous Dad. Just recently we started going on father/daughter trips. Since he lives in Arkansas and I in NY, we find a destination to meet. We spend a few days shopping, seeing the sights and eating wonderful food. Last year we went to Branson, MO. This year who knows?

Thanks for stopping by and listening to my ramblings!
Brandi

Comments

Jen W. said…
Welcome back and happy belated birthday! Good for you for getting out in the summer sun and living a little! Sometimes I think I'm a little to attached to el blogo... I love this card! Love the colours and the layers and those cute Scrabble letters. Your dad is going to love it! :)

(And thanks for the shout out!)
Nancy Thomas said…
Cute card - I have always liked that truck stamp. Happy belated birthday to you. That sounds like a wonderful tradition with you and your dad.
Karen B. said…
Fantastic card for what sounds like a fantastic gentleman.
Jocelyn said…
I have missed your cute card posts, but totally get the not feeling factor. With summer going full force I haven't had much time to do many card...I have bought plenty of new stamps though;-) Love the cute and simple dad card! We are headed to Branson soon:-)
xiumaiyuki said…
I say Sabbatical... Cause I've been on one as well! Great Dad card!! And happy Bday!!
Ann said…
Super cute, Brandi! I love the Scrabble tiles!

Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

p.s. I'm on a "sabbatical," too! Enjoy!
Laurie said…
Happy happy late birthday Brandi! I hope you had a great day!! Your card is super adorable! I love the truck! SO cute! And you know this color blocking here looks like it would qualify over at CAS-ual Fridays too! ;) Have a great day!
claudia shadler said…
eek, how'd i miss this? so cute, luv the scrabble tiles!

Hugs,
C :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cards that Care Blog Hop...

CASEing Kelly Blog Hop

Lawnscaping Spring Blog Hop