5/22/2012

Hello..Hello..


Hello crafty friends, boy have I missed you. I took a longer than expected hiatus from blog life, for no other reason than I couldn't find the crafty groove. I guess it happens to everyone at some point.

While I was away, I read a few good books (almost done with the Hunger Games series) and spent a few days on vacation. I recently got back from a trip to Branson, Missouri with my Dad. I just love the father/daughter trips we get to spend together. We go out and eat, catch a few shows and do some outlet mall shopping. I think I blew my paycheck on the Loft. I just love that store and their clothes.

Anywho, I wanted to share with you a card I made for the latest Case Study Challenge #91. The muse this month is Aga and she is one of my favorite card designers. Her style is so simple and clean.

I appreciate you stopping by and sticking with me through the hiatus. Hugs to you all.

Brandi

13 comments:

Chunyuan said...

hello to you. love the selective inking and the blue and hot pink color combo.

xiumaiyuki said...

I literally squealed when I saw your post in my GR. Yay!! Welcome back and back with a bang, I might add. Love this beauty of a card!! Sounds like you had a great father/daughter trip.... and yes, I wish we had a Loft down here, too! And an Ikea!!

And yes, you have such great memory. Our wedding anniv. was on 5/5... But due to conflicting work schedules, we will be celebrating it this coming weekend with a trip to San Diego. :)

Karen B. said...

Nice to see you pop up again! What a delightful card, always love your use of colors.

Ryann Salamon said...

Welcome back, Brandi!! Sounds like you've had a ton of fun while you were away but it looks like you found your crafty groove again. I love this card! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This card is awesome and so full of colour! Thanks for playing along, Brandi :)

Joy said...

Brandi card is truly gorgeous, I adore the bright colours you chose and that butterfly is such a stand out, gorgeous, hugs

Jay Gee said...

Nice to have your back Brandi :) Your card looks fresh and modern with this colour scheme and I love that butterfly.

~amy~ said...

ooohh...this is wonderful! love the colors!

Good for you for taking some time off...awesome that you spend time with your Dad...sounds like so much fun!

Ann said...

LOVE this color combo...right up my alley! ;)

Glad you're back...now that summer's here, I'm hoping I'm back in the groove, too!

kasia c. said...

Hey Brandi!
So glad to see you back :)
Sounds like you had some wonderful father/daughter time!

This card is just gorgeous!! I lov the colours you chose and the layout is wonderful. Love that little clip and the way you styled up those butterflies.

:)

Jen W. said...

Welcome back! Glad you've been having some fun while you've been gone. Your trip with your dad sounds like a blast! I just finished the Hunger Games series. Got to say I liked the first one best. By the third one I was ready for it to end. What did you think? Also finally read The Help and that was awesome!

Love your bright and cheery layered butterfly and the touch of woodgrain in the background. :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

The colors and the images just pop--wow, Brandi! Absolutely love it! The woodgrain is the perfect background.

I hope you're doing well! :)

Laura {aka scrapaddict} said...

This is such a pretty card! Just found you thru Moxie Fab World's blog roll!!